"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty"
Sir Winston Churchill
Trust and rapport between people at work is essential. Here's our top 10 tips to develop productive relationships:
1. Respect confidentiality. Nobody wants to deal with a gossip.
2. Ask rather than tell. Be interested in others before putting your views forward.
3. Use people's names in conversations.
4. Complement people's work when it is genuinely deserved.
5. Look for workable compromises to problems and issues.
6. Don't be an excessive moaner. Nobody wants to relate to Mr/Ms Negative.
7. Deliver what you said you'd deliver. If you can't, let people know.
8. Admit mistakes and apologise when it's called for.
9. Go out of your way for people.
10. Be tactful and diplomatic with people.